In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This has ethical implications as little is known about diagnosis in and treatment of these children, and they are often undiagnosed and untreated.
- Left undiagnosed and untreated, kidney disease can lead to kidney failure.
- Doctors were unable to find out exactly what was wrong with Chloe and her condition remains undiagnosed.
- Eating disorders are a common problem, yet they often go unnoticed, undiagnosed or untreated.
- We'd had no warning of this, although the doctor said he had apparently been suffering from a serious, undiagnosed heart condition for a long time.
- Diabetes is a stealthy beast and can go undiagnosed for ages, so asking your doctor for a simple sugar check is always a good idea.
- The disease affects one in 100,000 people although it is thought many mild sufferers may go undiagnosed.
- Doctors said if the condition had continued undiagnosed, it could have been life-threatening.
- Osteoporosis has been called a ‘silent epidemic’, often going undiagnosed for years.
- This results in many children remaining undiagnosed, inappropriately treated or simply not believed.
- It is often undiagnosed in the first instance as it very rarely develops full signs and symptoms.
- The other possibility is that she has some kind of undiagnosed / untreated mental illness.
- Studies indicate that at least half of these go undiagnosed and, therefore, untreated.
- It is likely that many of these individuals have undiagnosed and untreated medical problems.
- Well, first of all, if you have an undiagnosed disease, you should see a physician and find out what's wrong.
- Research has shown that after a few weeks some people experience flu-like symptoms, but these symptoms usually go undiagnosed.
- Tuberculosis in the elderly is a disease to be feared only if it is undiagnosed and untreated.
- Much worse was the prospect for those whose psychiatric problems remained undiagnosed or untreated.
- By now, I was convinced that Hayley had an undiagnosed, albeit mild, form of Asperger's syndrome.
- As part of the two-year pilot project, patients at risk will be screened to try to find up to 4,000 people in the city centre area who might be undiagnosed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.