In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(untouched)everything was left undisturbed — no se tocó nada
2(uninterrupted)(sleep) tranquiloshe made sure he was undisturbed — se aseguró de que no se lo molestara
- However, all animals deserve an undisturbed and safe breeding season.
- Until that changes, the island will remain an undisturbed fragment of history.
- The untitled volume lay undisturbed for more than 150 years and was found during a clear-out.
- If the bulbs are planted deeply it is possible to leave them undisturbed for two or three years although acid or neutral soil will have to be limed.
- Officials say undisturbed asbestos in a good condition can be safely managed and contained, and need not be removed.
- Better still, the indigenous plants could have been left undisturbed and they would have survived the floods.
- The many private ranches that have opened for safaris are a direct response to the demand for undisturbed game viewing.
- At one point I sat for about five minutes, totally undisturbed in the small 1000 seat theatre.
- Provided the material is hidden away and undisturbed, it presents no danger whatsoever.
- That followed a complaint by the trust but he was never prosecuted and has continued to fish and farm the clams largely undisturbed.
- I was glad my host's wife and children were sleeping upstairs, undisturbed.
- It is a particularly good plant for a shady area where it can grow away undisturbed and give a beautiful display of creamy flowers in spring.
- Mystery surrounds the death of a fun-loving man whose body could have lain undisturbed for up to six days at his home in Bradford.
- The moon is a very quiet and undisturbed place compared to the earth.
- For me, I'd rather leave the fishes to enjoy their lives undisturbed.
- Builders are adding a new wing to the already substantial house, creating an office where he can work undisturbed.
- Cherry blossoms floated by on the breeze and looking up into the sky was like plunging towards an undisturbed pool of tropical water.
- The raiders were so quiet that even the Luddingtons' family dog was undisturbed by their activities.
- We need to find out if the whole site is undisturbed and unchanged.
- Make sure your child has a quiet place to work undisturbed by others.
3(unworried)tranquilohe seemed undisturbed by the rumors — los rumores parecían no perturbarlo / preocuparlo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.