In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1indudablehe's an undoubted expert on the subject — no cabe duda de que es todo un experto en el tema
- What is undoubted, however, is that the film's subject is well chosen.
- He is featured here as much for his vision and dedication as his undoubted abilities.
- His ability was undoubted but he returned quite happily to Drake's County.
- Modest as far as her undoubted achievements in athletics are concerned, she has done a great deal for the sport locally.
- We moved down the aisle towards the undoubted gem of the church.
- A woman of undoubted ability, she has been asked several time to get involved in politics.
- I retain some doubt in view of the undoubted fact that there is a medical condition.
- It is good to see a player of Howarth's undoubted ability finally express it in the pro-game.
- One undoubted privilege of the office is that of being listened to.
- Emmerdale star Amy Nuttall entertained a new audience last night with her undoubted musical abilities.
- At last he is showing an appetite for the game that matches his undoubted ability.
- For someone of his undoubted talents, this is undistinguished stuff.
- His enthusiasm for Ms Bellucci is only partly due to her undoubted ability as an actress.
- Portugal's flair players were second best, unable to impose their undoubted talents.
- It fails to translate its undoubted competencies into a winning performance.
- It also becomes clear that, although he was a man of undoubted academic ability, he was no theologian.
- His work rate had always been good, his commitment undoubted and his character unquestionable.
- He is lawyer of the very highest distinction and a man of undoubted independence and impartiality.
- After the joy of being elected, men and women of undoubted ability are prepared to ask questions.
- Of course, the man's undoubted integrity means that his analysis is irrefutable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.