In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The UK is likely to pay more as a result, but that money will undoubtedly be better spent.
- This is pretty challenging stuff, and we will undoubtedly have our work cut out to achieve this.
- This one is a messy divorce and one due undoubtedly to wholly irreconcilable differences.
- However, there is an obvious problem that may undoubtedly arise from such a change in the rules.
- Bacteria evolve so fast they will undoubtedly find a way to overcome this, too.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.