In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I managed to blast my way through the unending hordes of troops and into a desert canyon full of skeletons.
- That can only lead us into unending chaos and horror.
- Keeping them in their place means perpetuating the unending cycle of their oppression.
- The Grudge continues a seemingly unending tradition of making horror movies without the horror.
- The criticism and threats, even on her life, seem unending.
- But his energy, they say, serves as a catalyst for an unending supply of ideas.
- All around were people having relaxed, unending fun.
- AJ fell asleep slowly, her head still full of the unending circle of thoughts.
- Rings are exchanged as ‘a symbol of unending love and faithfulness’.
- He had handled it admirably for many years but by the time I knew him it had become a source of unending anger and resentment.
- What thrills them is the vast unending future full of unwon matches and unclaimed trophies.
- I greatly admire his unending curiosity and his very acute mind.
- Rain had been falling for hours, never relenting from its seemingly unending source that refused to vanquish.
- She looked around her at the vast expanse of the unbroken plain of unending white tiles and sighed.
- You know, when you love people like that, it's universal, it's infinite, it's unending.
- The immense grief his family is suffering has been compounded by the unending repetition of false claims about him on the internet.
- Nothing could come between us and unending happiness.
- And it's seemingly unending, like the infinitely repeated punishments of hell.
- Men can not grasp the concept of an eternal and unending universe, for our lives are not unending.
- Police corruption is an unending scandal here in Australia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.