In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Perhaps of even greater significance, he had an unerring sense of rhythmic flow and continuity.
- A knowledgeable fan can predict most selections with unerring accuracy.
- An unerring sense of right and wrong should be a cardinal quality of any corporate leader.
- At the end of the second round he had opened up a 18-11 advantage mainly thanks to his ramrod right which he used with unerring accuracy.
- I could always hop on the bus, but my unerring sense of direction would probably land me up at the opposite end of the island from my house.
- Sean Davey chipped in with another point before Maye pointed again from 40 yards with unerring accuracy.
- Tom seemed to know the streets inside out, as he led the way with unerring accuracy.
- She is unerring in identifying the city's greatest works (from all periods) and lyrical in singing their praises.
- It's incredible how those smart bombs can travel hundred of miles and hit their target with unerring accuracy.
- Thereafter, he seemed to have an unerring knack for picking the wrong script.
- I can still see his slight frame darting past defenders and rifling over points with unerring ease and accuracy.
- The accident raised his other senses to near-superhuman levels, allowing him to taste, touch, smell and hear with unerring accuracy.
- We can pinpoint our targets and strike with unerring accuracy at the level of devastation we choose to inflict.
- But enter substitute David Murphy, with steady nerve and unerring accuracy to rescue Laois with a point.
- I had this unerring belief in the infallibility of grown ups until I was about 12.
- As always, Irish Independent editor Vinnie Doyle displays an unerring eye for a good story.
- She came from an aristocratic family, yet had an unerring sense of fashion.
- His control was unerring and he could bowl long spells.
- His balancing of minutiae and theme is unerring.
- From those images, he can guide the bomb to its target with unerring accuracy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.