In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The film attempts to explain something that is ultimately unexplainable.
- We have developed an unexplainable bond in just a few short months.
- William experienced a weird and unexplainable combination of feelings.
- It felt so strange, an unexplainable feeling constricted in his chest, but for that same reason, he couldn't return it.
- For some unexplained, or unexplainable, reason the parties are unable to communicate.
- We do stuff in our lives because of so many unexplainable reasons.
- I nodded, my hands suddenly wringing in a strange and unexplainable nervousness.
- She was more cute than beautiful, but she was still attractive in a strange and unexplainable sort of way.
- Each of the pouches was stuffed with bizarre and unexplainable tools or devices.
- One of those works, for reasons that are unexplainable, can appeal to people in a more pedestrian way, a more ordinary way.
- Despite Sebastian's strange, unexplainable abilities, he stuck by him through it all.
- In life some tragedies are strange and unexplainable and the passing of a young person in the prime of life is perhaps the most poignant of all.
- After this minor incident I developed an unexplainable care and interest in the nest.
- And this point of view may explain a lot of things that are otherwise unexplainable.
- As it turned out the League Final was a disaster and an unexplainable mystery all rolled into one.
- It mirrored the way he had felt just moments before, that strange, unexplainable calm.
- Each has its own nuance, its own hidden traps and unexplainable kinks.
- As The Guardian notes, a couple of researchers have found some unexplainable data.
- A weird, unexplainable urge had made her want to cling to Arynne and cry into her shoulder while begging her not to go.
- It remained just one of many such unexplainable mysteries of God.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.