In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our mortgage is about £40,000 and we'd want a cash buffer for unforeseen circumstances.
- There are too many variables and unforeseen circumstances to predict the future with any certainty.
- One of the unforeseen results of rugby becoming professional is that there is now hardly any of the stuff played in London.
- Include a margin of at least 10% to cover any unforeseen expenses that might arise.
- Nobody ever knows what's round the corner, or when unforeseen circumstances will place a bomb under our finances.
- It does not matter that they are unusual, unexpected, unforeseen and unforeseeable.
- The folks had to come back today due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The Clairvoyant Society has cancelled today's meeting due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances the day trip to Birr Castle has been cancelled.
- The event was postponed from this Wednesday night due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Finch is well on his way to the top until some unforeseen circumstances drive a wrench into his works.
- But such a complicated and difficult process was bound to produce flaws and unforeseen difficulties.
- Parts of this site have been closed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- It is unfortunate that although all utilities were consulted at the outset, unforeseen problems were uncovered.
- It is always the unforeseen angle and the unexpected colour that grabs the attention.
- He had stunning screen-printed posters made to attract attention but has encountered an unforeseen problem.
- In the event of the cancellation of the competition due to unforeseen circumstances all monies will be refunded.
- The Keep Fit classes which were arranged last month were cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
- There will be unforeseen circumstances; regime change will not be confined to Iraq.
- Currently the scheme is about four weeks behind due to unforeseen problems with the demolition of parts of the former hospital.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.