1(fear/suspicion) sin fundamento
- Although some patients cite potential addiction as a reason for rejecting painkillers, Jamison says such fears are ungrounded.
- He then proceeded, with carefully chosen facts and figures, to argue quite persuasively that all of these fears are ungrounded.
- The exclamation mark suggests her fear is ungrounded, but the grandfather's answer is emphatic and direct.
- This proposed model for understanding the evolution of feathers is rife with ungrounded assumptions and unsupported conclusions.
- However similar fears before the introduction of the current tuition fee proved ungrounded.
- As he has recently shown, the planters' fears were ungrounded.
- At a meeting on July 11 the Government analysed in detail the Russian position and reached the decision that it was ungrounded and with no legal or factual basis.
- ‘We think the petition is ungrounded because we have done nothing different than what has been done in the previous few years,’ he said.
- Fair enough; ungrounded rhetoric does little good.
- These ungrounded rumors wildly combine incongruous prejudices and fears that seem to have no source but are always a repetition of someone else's repetition.
- Such ‘laws’ appear ungrounded on any principle or necessity.
- But the assertion is ungrounded, and just plain silly.
- ‘The scientific claims that they make to justify discouraging the treatment are ungrounded,’ he adds.
- So the Minister can certainly take a call and take an opportunity of satisfying me that my fears are ungrounded.
- Nothing is truly comparable to this Russian holiday based on unfounded expectations and ungrounded hopes culminating in one night of absolute happiness.
- We can let all the other imprecise statements and ungrounded assertions go, but you should at least try to address these points.
- The idea the liberals lack morals and are the cause of the breakdown of civilization is factually and historically ungrounded.
- All of these worries may, of course, be totally ungrounded.
- Questioning doctrine and the trappings of religion doesn't mean that Jones' work should be read as sacrilegious or spiritually ungrounded.
- Unfortunately, the people on the other side of the fight are often those who build their case on third-hand information and ungrounded fears.
2Electricitysin toma de tierra
3ungrounded in(not instructed in)he is ungrounded in mathematics — no tiene base en matemáticas