In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She travels to Chennai as regularly as Spivak to Kolkata and, like many of these global scholars, inhabits something inclusive and unhyphenated that could be called EastWest.
- Anyone who likes light-hearted, heavy hitting, unhyphenated rock and roll would do well to add People Get Ready to their collection.
- We unhyphenated libertarians look forward to the discussion.
- Only one-word unhyphenated whole numbers are permitted, and no number may be repeated.
- We both really wanted to have the same last name, however, so we did a double last name, unhyphenated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.