In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the heart of a socialist programme is the international unification of the working class.
- Political unification is a process that unites divided political systems into a single body politic.
- To be healthy is to be whole, and without unification of the mind, body and spirit, a person will fall ill.
- There is also a whole set of problems around the question of family unification that people go to advisers about.
- A progressive union of Europe requires the political unification of the working class.
- The political unification of England within its present borders took place very early.
- The achievement of horizontal integration depends on essential unification of primary function areas.
- Instead it was a product of Italian unification achieved largely in 1861.
- Multilingualism was seen as a threat to the integrity of the state, and a common language critical for unification.
- The process of unification will therefore have to be very different.
- Can the people of Taiwan have higher earnings after unification or integration?
- Mike was the right person at the right time to deal with the problems of unification in a merger.
- According to him, this is a part of his idea for unification of the centrist and right-wing parties.
- But the process towards greater unification had started and would prove unstoppable.
- Twelve years after German unification, unemployment in the east is still twice as high as in the west.
- Part of this is national unification of the Arab peoples, which are constituent parts of the Arab nation.
- The key question facing Europe after 1989 has been how to manage the process of German unification.
- The treaty does not provide for a progressive, democratic unification of the continent.
- Such a state would only be a further barrier to the international unification of the working class.
- Pressures for unification generated their own momentum in the early part of 1990.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.