In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Business(company/association) (en sociedad de capital) no constituido
- We also bring down the rate of tax on unincorporated businesses.
- At common law an unincorporated association is not a legal person and therefore not subject to criminal liability.
- That aside, the nub of the issue must be why the Chancellor insists on differentiating his treatment between the incorporated limited companies and the unincorporated, self-employed, sole-traders and partnerships.
- The non-banking finance companies and unincorporated bodies in Maharashtra will be monitored by a regional co-ordination committee.
- However, it appears that unincorporated tax-exempt organizations may make such communications as long as they comply with the reporting requirements described in Section IV.
- There is no corporate or unincorporated body in my case, just ten individuals.
- The bureau's occupational survey, which might suggest which jobs are growing, doesn't count self-employed people or partners in unincorporated businesses at all.
- In the Anglo-American legal tradition, many things and institutions have rights - individuals have rights, corporations have rights, unincorporated associations have rights, and states have rights.
- There are around 360,000 unincorporated organisations in Australia.
- Churches are typically either corporations or unincorporated.
- It also operated in connection with its school of business an unincorporated publishing business which eventually became known as Ivey Publishing.
- It was particularly disappointing that Mr Brown did not choose to help unincorporated businesses by extending the tax breaks that companies enjoy.
- The club was organized as an unincorporated association.
- The grand jury also explored the possibility of charges against the archdiocese, but said the organization could not be prosecuted because it is an unincorporated association rather than a corporation.
- Income of unincorporated bodies, trustees and personal representatives is taxed at the standard rate.
- The past two Budgets have directed help only to limited companies, but the vast majority of the small business sector comprises unincorporated businesses.
- Family businesses come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from the unincorporated sole trader to the multi-member incorporated business.
- Examples of the application of the Rule would be instances of suing an undischarged bankrupt or an unincorporated hospital.
- The exclusion of unincorporated businesses from R&D support will have a damaging impact on the Scottish economy.
- But Downie nevertheless bemoans the lack of a ‘comprehensive big idea for small business growth’ and stressed that more effort is needed to develop policies which do not exclude unincorporated businesses.
2(territory/area) no incorporado US
- Johnston Atoll is an unorganized, unincorporated territory of the United States.
- A political advantage to the sites is that the areas are unincorporated, so no city government would be able to object.
- Unlike several other states, Pennsylvania has no provisions for unincorporated territory.
- The court ruled unanimously that residents of Puerto Rico, an unincorporated territory, could not vote in a U.S. presidential election because the U.S. Constitution allows only states to participate in the Electoral College.
- The US purchased them in 1917 as part of a strategic passage to the Panama Canal and they are an unincorporated territory of the US, with a republican-style democracy.
- Guam is an unincorporated territory of the United States.
- Residents of unincorporated territories were not granted U.S. citizenship.
- I call on the government to dramatically increase funding for the 40 per cent of Territory roads which lie in unincorporated areas - roads currently ineligible for funding under the Roads to Recovery program.
- There are five sirens in Orting, one in Sumner, five in Puyallup, four in Fife and two in the unincorporated area between Orting and Sumner.
- The area behind my building faces an industrial and unincorporated area of the town, and homeless folks have begun to move in across the way.
- There are 9,000 km of roads on unincorporated land in the Territory - 40 per cent of our local road network.
- Guam is an organized, unincorporated territory of the US with policy relations between Guam and the US under the jurisdiction of the Office of Insular Affairs, US Department of the Interior.
- In American Samoa, an unincorporated territory only 76.1 square miles (197 square kilometers) in area, the largest island is Tutuila, the administrative center.
- From August 12, 1898, until April 30, 1900, Hawaii (including Palmyra Atoll) was an unincorporated U.S. territory.
- Following the closure of the US naval base, its administration passed from the navy to the US Department of the Interior in 1951, as an unincorporated territory.
- Overall, the population living in unincorporated areas grew by 12.3 percent in the 1990s-a rate 50 percent faster than the 8.1 percent growth of towns and cities.
- At present, Wallis is still part and parcel of the overseas territory of Wallis-and-Futuna, a French variant of American Samoa, since 1900 an unincorporated territory of the USA and also to be found in Western Polynesia.
- In 1949 President Harry S. Truman signed the Organic Act, which established Guam as an unincorporated territory, with limited self-rule.
- Most of the homes along Croton Avenue, which lies in unincorporated county territory, were built in the 1950s.
- Three of the Virgin Islands were purchased by the United States from Denmark in 1917 and they became an unincorporated territory of the United States.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.