In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Health-poor people - those who are uninsured or inadequately covered - have to pay the highest prices.
- An uninsured hit-and-run driver today won a legal battle to stop him paying compensation to the child he paralysed.
- You may have to pay an extra element to cover uninsured drivers but why pay more for the element that insures your own driving?
- On top of that comes uninsured losses which are likely to double that figure as a total cost to the economy.
- He backs an increase in the minimum wage and expanded health coverage for the uninsured.
- An uninsured driver who killed a close friend while speeding in his car was jailed for 18 months.
- You might think a sensible move would be to buy some form of top - up cover for the uninsured slice.
- Magistrates should be empowered to confiscate and sell off cars belonging to uninsured drivers.
- Patten estimates that at least 50 per cent of travellers abroad are uninsured.
- In this scenario, you are uninsured and now own a reduced value property.
- Now they are keen for the powers to be extended to uninsured drivers.
- Police say the clause makes it difficult to deal with uninsured drivers.
- In addition to the health problems caused by lack of insurance, the uninsured face enormous financial risks.
- Gergiev kept the programme going with barely a break and raised money abroad to cover the uninsured $15m loss.
- What is not being said is that much of the problem of the uninsured can be solved at the state, not federal, level.
- Not only is it mandatory to take out such insurance where there is a bank involved, it is seldom that such an item can be left uninsured.
- The lay preacher was stopped by police in Wales for driving an uninsured car.
- The consequences of being uninsured are frightening for all races, the study found.
- Ralph says assets as large as buildings are sometimes inadvertently left uninsured.
- They claim the cost to victims of accidents with uninsured drivers is £500 million each year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.