In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1universidad feminine(library) de la universidad(degree/life/education/town) universitarioshe goes to the university (US) or (British) to university — va a la universidad
- she is at the university (US) or (British) at university — está en la universidad
- she left (the) university in 1980 — terminó la carrera en 1980
- university entrance — ingreso a la universidad
- The thing is, I always assumed that by the time we hit university, the drama would be left behind.
- All members of the university administration refused to comment on this issue.
- At present, foreign students can only work for 90 days in universities and research institutes.
- That means that I have passed my peak, and many students in university are passing by theirs too.
- Research in universities and agricultural institutes, as well as by the industry, has a crucial role to play.
- Get out and enjoy the artistic side of our often misrepresented university.
- On June 28, her daughter found out that her exam marks would qualify her for university.
- I had three weeks left until university began and the need for one last venture overseas was becoming overwhelming.
- She was also a university student studying in a really interesting course.
- I met up with an old friend from university this morning and we are headed out for a little trip.
- At least one university is paying heed to what may be the reshaping of psychotherapy.
- He was born the son of a poor mill owner, and was the first in his family to go to university.
- We hear a lot about how much it costs a student to get a university degree in the UK these days.
- This is alleged to be the first time in the 800 year history of that university.
- He began his university studies in 1951 when he entered Tokyo University.
- She also said that this situation is not uncommon here at this university.
- I'm happy to be back with my family and I'm looking forward to university.
- His holidays from university have found him up on the release site, near Pewsey, working on maintenance of the pens.
- You just have to remember that university is a time not only to learn about your major, but about yourself.
- So there is a vast amount of information that's available through academic research institutes or in universities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.