In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1descorrer el pestillo de
- A well-known farmer has unlatched the gate on a pioneering new sheepdog training centre.
- I unlatched the gate and edged past Heike, who blinked and snorted irritably.
- He climbed down the steps, unlatched a door and began cranking a rickety wheel.
- Catty unlatched the screen door.
- Very carefully, I reached up and unlatched the gate.
- It took five long minutes before the ornately carved wooden door was unlatched, and another two before it actually opened.
- She leaned over and unlatched the door, swinging it open towards me.
- Hailey then quietly unlatched the gate and walked out onto her driveway.
- Leikidos unlatched the door of the stable and opened it.
- Raz unlatched the door and peered into the building.
- Every time they scampered forward in the opening half hour, the hosts took fright, sporting that look which befalls turkeys each time the barn door is unlatched.
- Does the little beast know how to unlatch the coop door?
- Drifting in the comfort of drink, he unlatched the door and opened it wide.
- She unlatched the gate, and walked slowly up the gravel path like she had done so many times before.
- He quietly unlatched the door and tiptoed out of the bathroom.
- The door was unlatched and all he had to do was open it.
- He unlatched the wooden gate and left his premises.
- Achan, the head monk, draped in the colours of the dawn, unlatches the door to a large metal cage.
- Rommel's comforting embrace was a key that unlatched the locked door which held all of Jun's accumulated despair crammed within.
- He turned back towards the door and slowly unlatched each latch and unlocked each lock behind him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.