In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Spanish fuel stations supply most internationally known brands of unleaded petrol (gasolina sin plomo) and diesel (gas oil).
- Duty on unleaded petrol is also being reduced by 2p per litre from midnight on 6 December, 2000.
- Some manufacturers began introducing cars that could run on unleaded petrol before 1993-so just because your car is more than ten years old, doesn't necessarily mean it will need adapting.
- Service stations now have to display the price of three products which must include the price of unleaded petrol.
- However, the E1 a litre barrier is broken as soon as you cross the Wexford border, with three garages in Bunclody charging approximately 3.5% more for unleaded petrol.
- Tax on unleaded petrol was due to rise 1.4p per litre last month but this was held back because of a global rise in petrol prices.
- Arsenova said that the My City Without My Car initiative was part of the campaign to popularise the use of unleaded petrol.
- He said farmers pay 92.5p per litre for road diesel, more than 30p per litre for red agricultural diesel, and 86.5p per litre for unleaded petrol.
- The fuel crisis in the Middle East has manifested itself here as the price of a litre of unleaded petrol in Carlow has jumped in price by an average of 7% in the last month.
- One North Yorkshire garage has come under attacked for charging 95.9 pence per litre for unleaded petrol, but not displaying the price to drivers coming into the garage.
- A flood of fuel-hungry motorists left the garage completely sold out of unleaded petrol by the evening.
- But the overwhelming dominance of unleaded petrol - which achieved its market share with the help of tax incentives and regulation - proves the potential is there.
- Latest figures from the AA show the average price for a litre of unleaded petrol across the UK is 82.77p, although supermarkets are about 1p a litre cheaper.
- She says her son Mark must get compensation for the cost of cleaning and re-fitting his engine after he unknowingly filled the car with diesel instead of unleaded petrol.
- Portuguese fuel stations supply most internationally known brands of unleaded petrol and diesel.
- The Petrol Retailers Association criticised the store for ‘cynically’ offering 20p off unleaded petrol to shoppers who spent more than £150 in its stores.
- The proposal is to use ethanol to mix with unleaded petrol on a 1: 10 basis, known as E10.
- Other studies suggest that if air quality has not become worse, it could be due to stricter emission control norms right from the manufacturing stage, more use of unleaded petrol and low-sulphur diesel.
- The average UK price of unleaded petrol has breached 80p a litre as tensions in the Middle East have sent crude oil prices rocketing
- Big 4x4 vehicles in particular are desirable as the fuel savings can be significant - LPG is on average less than half the price per litre of unleaded petrol.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.