In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Obviously, many exhibitions - perhaps the majority nowadays - are seen in essentially unmodified form in more than one place, but these were all genuinely different shows.
- The company returned to the unmodified version, seeming to forget why they had dropped it.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers genetically modified foods equivalent to unmodified foods.
- The biologically-modified sons and daughters of the wealthy may become a distinct species from the unmodified.
- These fall into four broad categories of artifacts: ceramics, lithics, modified fauna, and unmodified fauna.
- And these books describe the Indian philosophy in entirely unmodified form.
- Baxter rode solo on an unmodified, high-performance Kawasaki Ninja ZX - 12R for the St Dunstan's Blind Ambition Campaign.
- My understanding, from farming sources, is that growing genetically modified crops does not cost all that much less than growing unmodified crops.
- Bioethanol has a higher octane rating than unleaded so unmodified petrol cars can run on a mix of only up to about 15% bioethanol.
- As long as the laboratory is performing only unmodified moderately complex tests, this is the extent of the quality control requirements.
- When put on a high-fat, high-calorie diet for 13 weeks, the transgenic mice gained only a third of the weight that their unmodified brethren did.
- Since unmodified Ebola enters through, and attacks, the lungs, defective lung cells could benefit most from therapy based on this discovery.
- The tests which Mr. Andersson envisaged were thus tests to determine how the Yacht in unmodified condition would perform, not tests designed to evaluate any particular remedial solution.
- As such, if the Commission disregards the restart request, Parliament can simply vote the unmodified directive out of existence.
- This could spell trouble when a GMO cross-pollinates with the unmodified crop of a small-holder farmer and his crop becomes contaminated by patented genes.
- The driver of the banger, an MOT failure which had a normal unmodified engine, has not been named.
- These enzymes excise mismatched or modified bases out of the sugar-phosphate backbone and replace them with complementary, unmodified nucleotides.
- These can be used in unmodified diesel and petrol engines respectively when blended with conventional diesel and petrol.
- What can you do with a machine that puts letters and numbers on an ordinary unmodified TV set?
- The drill was to set up 10 identical S & W Model 64 revolvers, all completely unmodified.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.