In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poco originalsin originalidad
- Guilty of being vastly unoriginal, insipid, boring, and just downright horrible!
- The tale itself is distinctly unoriginal - almost originally so.
- It seems that uni, and me in particular, tends to attract these enthusiastic, unoriginal dull types.
- Suddenly, my comfortable city life seemed boring and unoriginal.
- I always hate unoriginal and uninspired titles, but apparently I also specialise in them.
- It's stale, unoriginal, formulaic, repetitive, and shows as much originality and passion as a tribute band.
- Insofar as the European constitution mentions the free market, it is simply banal and unoriginal.
- Sometimes sharp writing and tremendous actor chemistry can revitalize unoriginal and boring material.
- The opinions expressed by callers are consistently unoriginal and dull.
- I didn't enjoy the format and found the thing tired and unoriginal.
- This essay manages to be dull, unoriginal and strange all at the same time.
- Awful because it's such a lame and unoriginal hack job full of tired ideas dressed up with pretty lighting.
- A victim of its own success, and the influence it had on subsequent films, its conceits seem stale and unoriginal today.
- However, a Workers Online search of industrial insults painted the manager's effort as both unoriginal and lame.
- Look, you guys can say all you like that this was unoriginal or derivative, but I've seen the films he's ripping off and you know what?
- Instead, I saw my memories as they were viewed by millions every week: corny, unoriginal, and uninteresting.
- In short there's little to recommend this tired and unoriginal movie, and very little in it that hasn't been endlessly recycled before.
- With plain, unoriginal style, it depicted the front side of a manor.
- My initial snap judgment was that it was unoriginal and rather boring, but as I got to know it and the performers better, I found it infinitely touching.
- It's all bland, unoriginal pap that will only appeal to the nostalgia-seekers of the original BSB generation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.