In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(achievement/success) sin paralelo(achievement/success) sin precedentes(achievement/success) sin parangón(disaster/failure) sin precedentes(beauty/greatness) incomparable(greatness/beauty) sin igual(beauty/greatness) sin par literaryour hotel boasts unparalleled views — nuestro hotel disfruta de unas vistas incomparables
- He is truly irreplaceable, a figure of unparalleled courage and integrity.
- I'd spent a day on a river of unparalleled beauty and absorbed enough about the art of fishing to make me understand its lure and want to try again.
- The web gives them the opportunity of unparalleled access to information.
- But for many families the postwar years brought unparalleled levels of material prosperity.
- However, Oktoberfest is also marketed as a student slosh fest of unparalleled quality and good times.
- The last time the two sides met the Giants put on a display of footy unparalleled in their season to blitz Lower Clarence.
- And then there is a collection of dictionaries that must be quite unparalleled.
- The power they bring to the stage is unparalleled in most bands I've seen.
- The 20th century was a century of savage slaughter, insane ideology, and unparalleled progress.
- The boozing, the brawling, the cars, the girls and an unparalleled football talent have all defined George Best.
- French electors today embark on the first round of the presidential elections with an unparalleled disdain for politics.
- That is, the 1960s, which was in Africa a time of unparalleled hope and optimism.
- Roberts said this amount of aid to one area was unparalleled.
- War had brought unparalleled and unprecedented personal fortunes for Rome's victorious generals.
- Versions of Dante in English offer the reader almost unparalleled opportunity for learned snobbishness.
- The network has been touted an unparalleled service for visitors and potential visitors to WA.
- Well, first of all, it has been an unparalleled honor to represent the United States.
- In concert, the band displayed a power and charisma unparalleled in modern music.
- When the adults have so much to explore, for kids the happiness is unparalleled.
- The event would give Scotland an unparalleled opportunity for worldwide exposure which money cannot buy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.