In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impasibleimpertérritohe was unperturbed by their hostility — se quedó impasible / impertérrito ante su hostilidad
- she carried on unperturbed — siguió sin inmutarse
- But in actual fact he is unperturbed about the attention.
- The life-like bambini appeared unperturbed, their faces calm and angelic, their wide eyes turned to the sky.
- The settlers, unperturbed, insisted that they need not take their ‘cue from barbarians!’
- It had been much too long since she'd experienced such unperturbed tranquility.
- And Clarke, of course, made his name with Fred Dagg, a character who appeared unperturbed to the point of coma.
- A trailblazer all her life, she is unperturbed when it comes to speaking her mind on controversial issues regarding life and love.
- The man whose Naya Theatre group revived theatre in the 60's is unperturbed by controversy and likes to move on.
- The unperturbed swans, ponderously wallowing in the shallows.
- He was always unflappable, seemingly unperturbed whenever he found himself on the knife edge of defeat.
- Ikeda watched her scowl at him for a lengthy moment while he remained composed and wholly unperturbed.
- His words, calm and almost unperturbed, made the customer's words seem outrageous.
- A replacement Stagecoach bus arrived at the scene shortly afterwards and an unperturbed Mr Hill completed the journey with his passengers.
- Clarke is unperturbed that the first major exhibition of Scottish paintings at the revamped Royal Scottish Academy should be by a pillar of the empire.
- We realise we might be the youngest people here - many of the clientele enjoyed the Seventies as they happened - but we are unperturbed.
- However, the filmmaker who cleared the film with the censor board earlier this month seems unperturbed by the controversies.
- The hammerheads looked at one moment cool and unperturbed and then they were gone.
- The Spanish midfielder was exceptional, his control and passing was exquisite and he seemed unperturbed by the conditions.
- This season, he has not veered one inch from cool, unperturbed, gently luxurious clothes.
- American military professionals are largely unperturbed by the controversy.
- Again, sources backing up this information are minimal, but Willerbang seemed unperturbed by the sudden departure of his friend and mentor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.