1(dress/hem) descoser(seam) deshacer
- You would unpick the sides of your jeans and as soon as you sewed the material into it and put them on, you just thought you were gorgeous.
- After unpicking the strap and removing M, I, C and H thinking they might come in useful some time, I was left with O, S, N and O, which I fiddled around with a bit before settling on SNOO, which somehow appealed to me.
- I found it useful to use the removed strap to increase leverage on the ‘loop’ side when unpicking it.
- It's obvious that being interviewed is proving quite distracting so I offer to unpick it for her while she talks.
- Penelope-like, she both weaves a narrative and contextual account of Lippi's life and work and unpicks her handiwork, creatively frustrating the reader's expectation of biographical closure.
- My Auntie at one point unpicked and re-tied a section of it because she had the wrong shade of pink.
- I spent hours at school making the cross-stitch ‘peg bag’ that everyone had to make only to stand up at the end of the lesson to find I'd attached it to my skirt and had to unpick it all.
- Now, having unpicked and screwed up several times (I'm on the second hand now), I am beginning to realise why I don't knit more often.
- Yellow is the percussion of light beneath clouds heavy as persecution, the sweetness running from waxy cells, the body honeyed with softness when pain's gold embroidery is unpicked.
- Turn the skirt to the right side and unpick the seam using an unpicking tool of sharp pointed scissors.
- Of course, you need to know beforehand that it fits, because you don't want to have to unpick all this stitching to alter it later.
- They decided to secure the banner for the night and then return to unpick it in the morning and attempt to pull it further up the building.
- Therefore I reasoned, the longer I left it before I started sewing, the longer it would be before I was squinting well into the night unpicking it.
- Shy, plump, wearing a hand-knitted blue angora bolero, slaved over by my mother unpicked more than once to get it just right for the big occasion.
- Surrounded by suitors who were after the absent master's wealth and the absent master's bed, she fobs them off by saying she must finish her weaving before making her mind up - and cannily unpicks it each night.
- Start unpicking the elbows from those sweaters.
- He smiled as he recalled Chris's first words on returning from his interrupted visit to his family - ‘I'm gone for one day, and the threads of the universe start unpicking behind me.’