In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(expenditure/visit) imprevisto(pregnancy) no planeadothe trip was unplanned — fue un viaje imprevisto
- Reports on nuclear accidents and any unplanned discharges of nuclear material are likely to be the subject of public applications.
- They may also be influenced by government, which seems to see termination as the obvious solution to an unplanned pregnancy.
- The overall impression is that the town has grown along the waterside in a totally unplanned and chaotic manner.
- The term casualty refers to any unplanned subtraction from a force's fighting strength.
- The day is quite unplanned as usual, the only thing that was planned got cancelled a while back.
- Most of my coaching these days of staff is informal and unplanned.
- She says the pregnancies, by two different fathers, were unplanned and happened when contraception failed.
- Do you ever find yourself, on the spur of the moment and completely unplanned, revealing a fairly private fact about your life or your past?
- I know how scary an unplanned pregnancy is, as my son was conceived when I was 17.
- A military euphemism for unplanned casualties, such as UN officials or Afghan refugees.
- The largely unplanned growth of the city, marked by a surge of high rises, has added to the throw-away culture.
- Many would argue that the main reason why young women have unplanned pregnancies is the lack of sex education in schools.
- It's a question of how you use periods of unplanned solitude.
- Be it Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad or any of the state capitals, development is lopsided and unplanned.
- In every case the prospective mother's happiness or well-being has been put at stake by unplanned pregnancy.
- The first half is unplanned, while the second half features some impromptu sketches and a few guest appearances.
- Improved education would help women avoid unplanned pregnancy but could not eliminate the need for safe, legal abortion.
- He much preferred to spend his life in random chunks of unplanned accidents and mistakes.
- Having set the dynamic design in motion He is not now subject to unplanned or unpredicted random events.
- I will never be able to justify what I did, irrespective of the circumstances surrounding the unplanned pregnancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.