In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(electrical appliance) sin enchufar
2(rock music) sin amplificación (eléctrica)(rock music) desenchufado informal
- Featuring loads of bands playing unplugged acoustic instruments.
- All the bands bring forth a unique combination of intelligent music fused with the unplugged sound of the acoustic guitar as well as the often edgy riffs that are the underground rock band's signature sound.
- Ono undoubtedly wanted to reveal the beneficial aspects of unplugged performance that Lennon would have most likely thrived within.
- The record's unplugged production emphasizes the two voices exchanging verses about the nuances of interpersonal relationships.
- Blues band Nine Below Zero will be performing an unplugged acoustic set at Rheged, near Penrith, on Saturday at 7.30 pm.
1sin amplificación eléctricadesenchufado informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.