In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Does the GPC (General Practitioners Committee) really think that general practitioners are stupid enough to vote for a completely unpriced contract?
- Markets of themselves cannot provide efficient water prices in the face of unpriced environmental externalities.
- Census plans to measure the market value of transactions, excluding unpriced transactions such as free software available on the Internet.
- I wrote on my unpriced copy the figures Mr. Sharif had put down.
- As these are the unpriced ones with ‘1st’ written on them, they will still be valid after the price rise.
- We create new economic incentives in the market by altering the relative price of pollution or an otherwise unpriced environmental asset.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.