In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Trains are dirty, unpunctual and (if travelling at peak time) I sometimes get a seat.
- As a result of this, clients perceived Spoornet as being unpunctual, inflexible and costly.
- Film stars are notorious for being unreliable, unpunctual, and full of themselves.
- He contradicts himself constantly, is temperamental, unpunctual, disorganized and is surrounded by yes-men, he said. " But he does not have a structured mind " with a grand plan to do a Cuban-styled revolution, he added.
- Habitually unpunctual, he seldom arrived at his office before 1 p.m., but then stayed late, writing heavily annotated letters of recommendation that turned many customers into friends.
- You should write to the unpunctual employee, explaining your concerns about his time-keeping, giving the dates and details of his lateness and asking him to attend a meeting.
- No American should need me to tell them about Amtrak and residents of Australia's largest city are almost beyond frustration with their dangerous and unpunctual trains too.
- Despite her classic feminine behaviour, forgetful, clumsy, unpunctual and indecisive, she succeeds in her quest to find Susan (Madonna).
- He was usually unpunctual, since Rick was one of those people who liked to show up fashionably late so all the attention could be showered on him as he made his grand entrance.
- Insufficient or unpunctual transportation is an economic weakness; chaotic traffic reduces people's quality of life.
- Why get riled if this week's citizens are aggravatingly unreliable or irritatingly unpunctual?
- Whoever is unpunctual deserves that other people should reprove him for being unpunctual.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.