In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(beyond doubt)(sincerity/loyalty) incuestionable(loyalty/sincerity) innegable
- What won our affection towards this restaurant was not its undeniable quality so much as its unquestionable quirkiness.
- They are also trying to make themselves the unquestionable experts on countryside matters, which they most definitely are not.
- We still tend to consider people in higher positions unmovable and unquestionable, just like our kings were.
- It is unquestionable that in future years UW will undoubtedly see the reshaping or even renaming of this student hub.
- His work rate had always been good, his commitment undoubted and his character unquestionable.
- Well done - you've discovered the unquestionable truth about everyone's favourite documentarian call-girl.
- Whether this can be viewed as mere rhetoric or not is a debatable issue, but the message it sends to radical groups within Iran is unquestionable.
- The integrity of my new economic team is unquestionable.
- Presumably he also believes in the Immaculate Conception and the unquestionable infallibility of that elderly Polish chap in the Vatican.
- And they are in power in a United States that enjoys unquestionable military supremacy and thus has modified its approach to alliances.
- Ultimately, however, the importance of legitimacy goes beyond its unquestionable utility.
- Spartan dominance rose from its unquestionable position as the preeminent continental army of the region.
- As with all OTC productions, the supporting crew have created a production of unquestionable professionalism.
- He is an honourable gentleman of unquestionable character.
- I really, really hope evidence will be laid on the table, unquestionable evidence.
- Charm may have replaced the rapier assertiveness of the young composer, but his authority as one of the guiding lights of music in our time is as unquestionable as ever.
- That every child has the right to a family seems unquestionable when you consider the havoc wreaked on those who spend their lives as part of a social worker's caseload.
- Is the evidence genuine and of unquestionable origin?
- That the Liberal brand today is dirtied and dishonored is unquestionable, and an insult to the nation of people its leaders pledged to serve.
- That someone will benefit is unquestionable, but whether it will be Montserrat depends largely on this response.
2(incontestable)(judgment/ruling) inapelable(authority) indiscutible(evidence) irrefutable(evidence) incuestionable
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.