In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(solution/vapor) no saturado(fats/molecule/compound) insaturado
- Thus conjugation can occur in molecules in which the unsaturated sites are close in space but are separated by more than a single covalent bond.
- The unsaturated benzene ring readily reacts with halogens, rapidly discoloring bromine water.
- In common with all unsaturated hydrocarbons hydrogen can be added across the double bond to produce ethane.
- These unsaturated hydrocarbons are readily oxidised and polymerised, which can reduce the oil's shelf life.
- When unsaturated organic compounds are used as the starting point the alcohol is made by the addition of water to the double or triple bond.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.