In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Therefore, the interval between cancer detection and death is longer in screened patients than in unscreened patients.
- The downside of this approach is that unscreened patients may present unpredictable problems.
- The rate of death attributed to the target disease has been lower in the screened group, but the total death rates have usually been the same in the screened and unscreened groups.
- They felt threatened by the prospect that the senator might have to answer unscreened questions.
- Asylum-seekers with tuberculosis go unscreened.
- Thus almost as many cancers develop between the second and third years as would be expected in an unscreened population.
- Another warranted concern within the supported units is that the competence and credibility of volunteers, unknown, untested and unscreened, could be more of a hassle than they are worth.
- A relatively large group have adenomas detected by screening, most of whom if left unscreened would never develop a problem.
- Private commercial blood banks, often offering unscreened blood, are allowed to flourish in both Bangladesh and Pakistan because these countries do not have any national blood policy.
- In fact, it does not look into the treatment of diabetes, but is an investigation into the diagnosis of diabetes in an unscreened population.
- We used the practice's computerised records to compare age, body mass index, and blood pressure of the screened and unscreened populations.
- In an unscreened population, the diagnosis will be based on clinical symptoms, and the median time from diagnosis to death will be three years.
- Even those who screened positive for mental distress ‘still were nonetheless no more likely to be clinically depressed than unscreened women in a primary-care setting.’
- In particular, the outfall at Middle Point discharged unscreened sewage into the Carrick Roads.
- The final step in the dogs' training will require several years of rigorous analysis: Canines must be tested on unscreened urine.
- Consequently, there were no completely unscreened control groups.
- About 70 percent of women who were unscreened and developed a risk factor did not receive intrapartum antibiotics.
- Second, the issue of reaching the unscreened population must be addressed.
- The proportion of benign biopsies performed in a screening programme should be monitored and compared with that in an unscreened group of women of the same age.
- Poor sanitation, the lack of disposable syringes and unscreened blood caused nearly 9,000 children to become infected with the deadly virus.
2.1Televisionno emitidono transmitido
- There must be hundreds of unscreened episodes in the BBC archive.
- THhe BBC last night disclosed a previously unscreened interview with the late weapons expert Dr David Kelly.
- ITV denied this was the case, claiming that the run had been interrupted to make way for some live events (this was partly true) - and indeed the show did return after three months, but with only two of the four unscreened episodes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.