In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, it is hardly an unsolvable mystery: remember that there were plants with sap, leaves, seeds, spores and pollen in the Paleozoic, long before flowering plants appeared.
- So the next time you feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities that come with being a security officer or consultant, take solace in the fact that the problems you are trying to solve are fundamentally unsolvable.
- It is that unique and individual genetic code that is helping law enforcement solve unsolvable crimes.
- It is perhaps this complete unpredictability in fishing that keeps us coming back for more, to solve the unsolvable conundrum: what makes the perfect fishing day?
- For anyone of this high level, they would have already graduated from college, be working on a degree of some sorts, working on finding cures to cancer and aids or solving unsolvable math equations.
- It also solves a number of supposedly unsolvable problems that Web service developers have discussed over the years.
- The Cabinet Office report says papers are delivered after exams should have been held, questions are unsolvable and there are often errors in the marking.
- First, it enables new and innovative approaches to scientific and engineering research, allowing scientists to solve previously unsolvable problems or to provide superior answers.
- Where they came, where they went, the questions surrounding them (and indeed the women themselves) were unsolvable mysteries.
- But, the seemingly unsolvable mystery is this: Why has the fierce love of wrestling been so unfailing across the ages?
- Why this is the case is one of life's many unsolvable conundrums.
- The number of times the participant attempted to solve the unsolvable puzzle was used as a measure of the person's persistence or residual frustration level.
- ‘That question remains unsolved and unsolvable,’ Greenberg writes.
- They were then asked to complete an unsolvable geometric puzzle.
- In essence, the human brain has the ability to solve problems that seem unsolvable by intuition.
- Everything around me appeared blurred, the voices were a faint cackle and all the colours swirled in front of my eyes like parts of an unsolvable puzzle.
- There's no single-handed solving of unsolvable murders these days - and no beautiful, blonde dames in distress to be rescued, as in Philip Marlowe's day.
- Assumptions of the world as fair and manageable are shattered by an unsolvable mystery that can go on for a lifetime.
- They often come up with solutions for what seemed like unsolvable problems.
- Among the army of sleuths and secret agents that populated 1960s TV was a trio of detectives, employed by of a special branch of Interpol dedicated to solving seemingly unsolvable crimes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.