In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nonetheless, the FAI's unsought offer of assistance does emphasise that the stakes are rising as the deadline beckons for the candidates to spell out their intentions.
- Consumer goods are those that are purchased to satisfy individual or household needs and can be classified into the following: convenience, shopping, speciality, and unsought.
- Love sought is good, but given unsought is better (Shakespeare).
- Entailed in that question is whether change will serve to advance a social revolution unsought and unwanted by the American people or will serve to secure an institution essential to the well-being of our society.
- Chatting in his airy office, he recalls feeling daunted by his unsought role as the station's gay adviser.
- I don't know about you, but sometimes I tire of being a consumer and all the spending this unsought role involves.
- Even though we may find ourselves unaccountably happy in unsought moments, still we may not be able to find meaningful work, make those who love us happy, or keep our children safe.
- Normally, I put such unsought correspondence in the bin, but this envelope contained two letters from Hearts FC to the Scottish Football Association.
- More often, however, the spread of Italian music was haphazard, depending on chance meetings and unsought opportunities.
- Of such doomed, utterly unsought tasks great writing is made.
- And, given the product-hawking that barrages my every waking hour - ads on TV, on the sides of bus stops, etc. - a few unsought e-mails should hardly make me bat an eye.
- He has mastered the Doc's interview technique of using non-stop verbals to shut out any unsought queries and exhausting air time (as well as the patience of the viewer) with the hogging technique.
- Though dementia may seem to be an attack on the self, it has brought to Peter an unsought and unexpected discovery of self.
- The images came to mind, unsought, and the intoxication took hold.
- A cynic could argue, indeed, that Hibs have achieved certain economies with this latest piece of unsought business.
- She hopes that the unsought exposure will help in the campaign to stop the physical, social and spiritual destruction she sees at Kowanyama from alcohol and hopelessness.
- Grace is a blessing you do not deserve, and though you may seek for grace, it comes, if it comes at all, unsought.
- Pain, grief, imprisonment and even tawdry death have been just a few of the unsought remunerations accorded to them.
- Unexpected and unsought, the sensation of awe has aroused fear as well as fascination among viewers.
- Despite four unsought wars and prolonged spells of bloody terrorism, India firmly believes that the only way to settle disputes is bilaterally across the negotiating table, however long it may take.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.