In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the unsung heroes of the revolution — los héroes olvidados de la revolución
- one of the unsung successes of our aviation industry — uno de los logros no debidamente reconocidos de nuestra industria aeronáutica
- In a very real sense, they are the real, if unsung, heroes of 1992.
- On Friday, the Evening Press will celebrate the unsung heroes of York at a glittering ceremony at York Racecourse.
- I am sure some unsung hero out there has already done it.
- She is generous with her praise for the unsung people who helped her, including her husband of seven years, Jon, and his children.
- At New Delhi's Triveni Art Gallery till May 29, the exhibition is a tribute to the unsung heroes of journalism.
- A Bradford woman who launched a community drug project after trying to help her foster son battle addiction has praised an awards scheme for unsung heroes.
- Residents in Codford have been paying tribute to one of the village's unsung heroes as he celebrates his 58th birthday on Tuesday.
- Volunteers do work for which they're not paid, and that makes them unsung heroes, and I think we should celebrate them.
- We Think Croydon's Champion is now in its fourth year and celebrates the unsung heroes working tirelessly for good causes within the local community.
- This year we are holding the third annual People of Wiltshire Awards to celebrate our unsung local heroes.
- Ordinary folk remain the unknown and unsung heroes and heroines.
- Every year Bexley Council celebrates the achievements of the borough's unsung heroes.
- Here's a Washington Post story about an unsung hero of 2002 who is not even a whistle-blower.
- It is the story of one of Ireland unsung heroes and the sad occasion of his execution captures the atmosphere prevailing at this loathsome event.
- An award scheme to celebrate the achievements of Wiltshire's unsung heroes is being launched today.
- The gala event, which was held in the City Hotel in Derry, is organised annually to recognise publicly the unsung heroes of the north west.
- Nominations are flooding in for this year's People of Wiltshire Awards, set up to celebrate the achievements of the county's unsung heroes.
- Thousands of the borough's unsung heroes will be celebrated next week but the majority will not even realise they are being honoured.
- She was one of Ireland's unsung heroes, battling not just for her own children, but for the most vulnerable children in the State.
- The awards scheme is a wonderful way of rewarding the many, many unsung heroes whose efforts enhance the quality of everyone's life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.