In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our trans-Tasman neighbour New Zealand would seem to be a logical and possibly almost untapped market.
- Using these search engines is an untapped resource that should not be overlooked.
- With the arrival of the railroad, the logging industry was able to exploit the region's untapped timber wealth.
- Academic physics can exploit the untapped resource of its alumnae and alumni in many ways.
- This implies that the potential of this untapped resource has yet to be fully realised.
- Aceh is believed to have a huge amount of untapped gas resources.
- Zambia has no reason to be poor since the country is endowed with natural resources - still untapped.
- It is an untapped market potentially worth millions.
- A bee that manages to jimmy open a mistletoe bud gets first access to an untapped store.
- The profession is losing tremendous potential and an untapped market.
- Bulgaria has many untapped resources that could potentially lead to the success of the country.
- Until only a few years ago, Sudan's oil reserves represented no more than untapped potential.
- There are 85 million Americans in their forties who represent an untapped market for classic soul.
- Namibia is a country full of resources and untapped human potential.
- The Middle East is an untapped resource of potential MTV converts and the US wants in.
- Behind the uncertainty of the future of the British Grand Prix is motor racing's desire to exploit untapped markets, notably in China.
- You need look no further than page 38 of this magazine for evidence of this untapped resource's potential.
- The Fool represents the untapped potential in all of us.
- Some in the private sector have identified water as the last great untapped natural resource to be exploited for profit.
- With the health and fitness market relatively untapped, this leaves room for aggressive growth potential.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.