In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Avoiding an untimely defeat can be aided by a few variables.
- It pays tribute to his achievements and records his untimely death in a skiing accident in his adopted home in the Swiss Alps at the age of 36.
- Gathering Dust's untimely death is unfortunate; most obviously, it was a decent collection which plugged a gap in the band's catalogue.
- And now, two years after his untimely death, events come full circle as he brings to life his novel on the TPM stage.
- A regular in the TV series, his death in 1979 was an untimely tragedy that dealt a sharp blow to British comedy.
- A member of a notorious crime family meets his untimely demise, and his surviving brother, the leader of the organization, makes the funeral arrangements with the priest.
- I'm sure the latter is absolutely true, but it made such an impact on me that I've instructed my Mom that in the event of my untimely death, she should go ahead and make up something colorful about me.
- He said the death of a talented fashion designer was an untimely tragedy.
- The public are also being asked to discuss their wishes with their family so that there will be no hesitation or confusion in the event of untimely death.
- The most significant political consequence of his untimely death was the elevation of the man who actually achieved that goal.
- This would ‘help him pay off his mortgages and help maintain his children's lifestyle in the event of his untimely death,’ she says.
- A letter of wishes can be sent to the trustees of the pension scheme by Peter clearly indicating that he wishes Jane to receive all benefits payable in the event of his untimely death.
- So much for bequeathing your ‘personal account’ to your kids in the event of your untimely demise.
- In the event of his untimely death, my instructions tell me to forward this book to you.
- The rural programme of Tata AIG was targeted to create an asset for the rural poor in the form of hedging their economic loss in the event of an untimely loss of an earning member.
- In the event of an untimely death the state would automatically assume her assets, not her mother or closest relative,
- One way to dodge an untimely demise is to gather information about potential predators in advance of an attack.
- Her untimely death was occasioned by much shock and sadness among her many neighbors and friends.
- He suggested that in the event of his untimely demise, he would simply prop him up, put some sunglasses on him and keep him in office.
- Make sure that your will is up to date and that your wife has access to some funds in the event of your untimely death.
2(announcement) inoportuno(arrival) inoportuno(arrival) intempestivo
- I sighed softly, relieved to have escaped another untimely lecture.
- I've had the Sebring for four years now, and I've been quite happy with it, given that it was a compromise purchase forced by an untimely accident.
- This logic also suggests that a plaintiff should be barred from her suit based upon untimely acts that did occur after the harassment became pervasive.
- It was an untimely defeat which lost Bucks valuable ground in their chase for the championship and unless they start winning again they are at risk of dropping off their top eight spot.
- Currency weakness pushed up inflation, an untimely event as it reinforced price pressures that had resulted from soaring oil prices.
- Also, I am really surprised today about the untimely and inappropriate comments the leader of the National Party made this afternoon about our major trading partners.
- So I'm enjoying the idea that every piece of electrical equipment in my little corner of the apartment was knocked out of service by a freak electromagnetic field caused by an untimely manifestation of the ghost of Ned Ludd.
- Through dreams and flashbacks, we see the string of events that lead to this untimely event, including the true, gruesome story of Ulysse's genesis.
- That's not something he's accustomed to - whether it's illegal substances or an untimely change in citizenship.
- David, reacting to James' untimely outburst, commanded his retinue of elite combatants to fight their way to the exit.
- Scotland's new coach thought that Chris, for all his untimely failure to put a late penalty punt the right side of the corner flag, had generally kicked well.
- Increased drying time may mean greater harvest losses due to untimely rainfall.
- To reduce the risk of untimely breakdowns, identify and replace worn components this spring.
- After a brief pause he decided to continue so that all wouldn't get dragged down in the untimely events they just learned about.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.