In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our study also shows the presence of the healthy vaccinee effect (second column of table), but we controlled for this by comparing effects of influenza rather than mortality in vaccinated and unvaccinated people, as described earlier.
- We present rates of disease in vaccinated and unvaccinated children to provide the first evidence of an indirect effect from meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
- Although the vaccinated and unvaccinated children were not directly comparable, controlling for differences in cultural and social background factors did not affect the mortality estimates for the different vaccines.
- A Dutch retrospective cohort study covering two flu outbreaks found that acute respiratory disease occurred in 26% of unvaccinated children and was most common in those under 6 years.
- Chickenpox was significantly more severe in unvaccinated children than in vaccinated children.
- Children five to eight years of age previously unvaccinated at any time with LAIV or inactivated influenza vaccine should receive two doses of LAIV separated by six to 10 weeks.
- As more and more children received vaccines, it became harder for an unvaccinated child to contract a natural case of chickenpox.
- The authors compared the odds ratio for the prevalence of atopy in vaccinated versus unvaccinated children, and the OR for prevalence according to age.
- Despite the small number of subjects involved, there was a statistically significant difference in resistance to HIV infection between the blood cells from the vaccinated and the unvaccinated subjects.
- Let me be the first to say that one study means absolutely nothing especially when this one doesn't even directly compare what happens to vaccinated elderly vs. unvaccinated elderly.
- The influenza vaccine should be offered to unvaccinated persons even after influenza virus activity has been documented in a community and should continue to be offered throughout the influenza season.
- The mice that received either version of the modified DNA vaccine had one million times fewer virus particles than the unvaccinated mice.
- Health care professionals should continue to offer vaccine to unvaccinated persons after November and throughout the influenza season even after influenza activity has been documented in the community.
- The average necropsy scores and weight of the visceral organs in unvaccinated and M. habana vaccinated mice are shown in Table II.
- Using a vaccine fully active in others, I vaccinated the exposed unvaccinated nurses.
- With high herd immunity, colonisation and transmission of disease should decrease, benefiting the unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those in whom the vaccine is not immunogenic.
- Prevaccination serologic testing is not indicated for vaccination of previously unvaccinated children in this setting.
- This study provides the only available results comparing the clinical course of pertussis in vaccinated and unvaccinated children.
- Once an outbreak has been established, control measures, including vaccination of unvaccinated residents and employees, and limitations on resident movement and visits, can be implemented.
- Even immunized children had a greater relative risk of developing disease because of the increased risk of disease posed by the unvaccinated children.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.