In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(solution/plan) impracticable(plan/solution) no viable(mine) inexplotable
- The New Zealand Aquaculture Council believes that the provision is unrealistic and unworkable.
- She is not one to be put off simply by senior police officers saying policy is unworkable and impractical.
- It is in nobody's interest that an unworkable scheme is introduced.
- He said that it was more in farmers' interests than anyone else to have traceability but there was no point in trying to achieve that with a scheme that was unworkable.
- It also doesn't help when companies come up with complex and unworkable investment schemes that people don't understand.
- He said their proposals were too widely drawn, impractical and unworkable.
- Part 3 introduces a scheme that is unworkable and unprincipled.
- Critics say such a scheme is unworkable but already one example is working - or at least soon will be.
- The scheme is expensive, confused, unworkable and unrealistic.
- A theory that represents working practices as unworkable is a bad theory.
- The bill was not just excessive but also expensive, not just illiberal but impractical, not just unnecessary but unworkable.
- If this decision stands, your Honours, the whole scheme is unworkable.
- This current system is unworkable, impractical and damaging to the physical and economic health of our once lovely Auld Grey Town.
- The former Chief Inspector of Schools in Scotland has claimed his plans are unrealistic and unworkable.
- Not only would it be impractical and unworkable, I doubt whether anyone could seriously believe it.
- As the costs rise and the race hate builds and the unworkable, self-defeating new scheme unravels, Labor will be mute.
- One of my greatest strengths has always been the ability to make the apparently impossibly unworkable work.
- The film producer behind Chariots of Fire said the scheme was unworkable.
- Tell me, do you feel that there's a risk that her next addition to the canon may make impossible or unworkable some of the things you've come to need in your extension?
- Workers previously rejected the firm's plans to reduce staffing levels on a voluntary basis as impractical and unworkable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.