In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Clothingcould you unzip me/my dress? — ¿me bajas el zíper?
1your dress has come unzipped — se te ha bajado/abierto la cremallera (/ el cierre etc. ) del vestido
- with a lining that unzips — con un forro desmontable
- DiskJockey is one very powerful file utility for any user who needs to move, copy, delete, archive, unzip an archive file, or change file attributes.
- To unzip a file, you need an unzipping utility like WinZip.
- This last location isn't actually much use, because you need a password to unzip the file, but it does show the driver's finished.
- Download and unzip the tarball into your Web directory.
- If you unzip our sample document and load content.xml into a text editor, you should notice a few things.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.