In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1educación feminineit depends on your upbringing — depende de la educación que se haya recibido / de cómo se haya sido educado
- I know it is a strange viewpoint, Mama, but I suspect it is a result of his background and his upbringing.
- Both Taylor and Phillips wanted a more rural home that would remind them of their upbringings in deep countryside.
- Priestley is reluctant to say what he will bring to it from his own upbringing in Vancouver.
- After pondering the philosophical elements of our individual upbringings, we discovered that both of us had been brought up in the United Church.
- Most of this was due to her parents, her controlled upbringing and her feelings towards the disease.
- With varied upbringings, geographic backgrounds, faiths and even languages, people make more of an effort to find common ground.
- ‘No, we were raised with completely different upbringings,’ Zoe began to explain.
- He prefers not to dwell on his parents' deaths, but he talks freely about his upbringing in Falkirk.
- Jane had a strict upbringing and she never developed a close relationship with her parents.
- Perhaps his unflappable nature stems from an upbringing on New Zealand's west coast.
- He said that the upbringing of children should be a private matter for parents.
- The unconscious choices, rooted in our upbringings; in compassion and understanding, the core beliefs that guide us through the obstacle course of life.
- Tyson has been heavily influenced by his childhood, his upbringing, his mother.
- I still think the significant question is why two different paths were taken by two people with similar upbringings.
- The three athletes are very similar: modest upbringings and supportive families have moulded them into hungry, focused individuals.
- That way, the child gets to have a normal life with parents who would give him or her a good upbringing.
- In the end, it all comes down to the importance of family and a good upbringing.
- She said that he had experienced a difficult upbringing and had been in care for much of his youth.
- Which brings us to your upbringing in the bombed London which seems to reappear in a lot of your work.
- I was a very happy and healthy baby and had a normal upbringing, in fact, with lots of nurturing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.