In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja alta femininean uppercase letter/M — una letra/M mayúscula
- The specification sets out things such as standard data locations, standard fonts, upper case lettering, and types of human-readable data.
- You should have passwords that are at least eight characters long - consisting of a mixture of numbers, upper case and lower case letters.
- And on that note, I give you the lovely e-mail I received this evening from ‘Greg A.'. At least he avoided upper-case type.
- The test selected requires the child to recognize whether isolated upper case letters and numerals are correctly oriented, and measures memory for the correct visual form of letters and numerals.
- To keep things simple, the file uses only upper case letters, digits and punctuation marks, and does not include spaces.
- It's especially important when going over the username and password, letter by letter, number by number, upper case by lower case - because, as the user manual says, ‘It's vital to type in the correct username and password’.
- As an editor, this happens to drive me crazy (along with the lack of upper-case letters where one would normally expect them).
- They might not know their upper-case letters from their lower, but today's online activists certainly know how to disrupt the enemy.
- Letters were presented in upper case, white Arial font on a black background.
- She's always liked us to read to her, and she's been practising her upper-case letters and trying to figure out how to spell words for a long time, but reading stuff she didn't already know frustrated her.
- The first letter of this code is upper case and the second, if present, is lower case.
- Often in fine but upper-case print, most preprinted prescription labels include the words.
- The game can be used to reinforce number recognition, letter recognition, the difference between upper case and lower case letters, letter sounds, colors, etc.
- But as the k was typed in lower case, it was mysteriously replaced by an uppercase letter.
- Naturally my eye was drawn to this word, 5 cm long and 1.5 cm high, in red upper case letters.
- There are warnings against the use of all upper-case text as this impacts negatively on readability.
- The title page of the book has its name printed in upper case, as was the fashion at the time, but it is an achievement worth capital letters.
- X's and O's were upper-case letters, 4.0 mm high and 2.0 mm wide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.