In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1levantamiento masculinealzamiento masculine
- It appears that the middle class - the decisive factor in previous uprisings - has yet to move decisively.
- For now, there hasn't been any report on any uprisings or rebellions.
- Armed uprisings against colonial rule in Africa meant that nearly half the budget was devoted to military expenditure.
- I want to believe anarchistic uprisings are a thing of the past.
- The terrible suffering fuelled anti-capitalist protests, strikes and uprisings in many poor countries.
- With the exception of popular uprisings, wars are not waged by ‘people’, but by governments and states.
- They seem to have caused turmoil within the regime, including a series of uprisings and possibly a coup attempt.
- There have also been uprisings and movements of resistance in other countries of the continent.
- He actively discouraged independent strikes and peasant uprisings.
- There were too many rebel factions, too many uprisings all across the country.
- Special security forces crushed the uprisings, leaving at least a thousand casualties.
- Simultaneous revolutions and uprisings erupted in several countries across Europe.
- There were, however, more of these outbreaks than just that of Spartacus, and the Romans were continually afraid of uprisings of slaves.
- This is why there are no popular uprisings to overthrow the dictators, because it is perceived as pointless.
- Kale hardly mentions the working-class uprisings of 1848, which bring his narrative to a close.
- Revolts and uprisings are only the beginning of a process of real social revolution.
- This rivalry had involved civil wars, peasant uprisings, and religious strife of every description.
- In the 1970s, the Portuguese ruling elite confronted a massive strike wave at home and uprisings in the colonies.
- November that year saw uprisings against police harassment in inner cities across the country.
- There were various Kurdish uprisings in Turkey between 1923 and 1938.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.