In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1con ritmo rápido
- They attempted to sequence of the slower, darker songs interrupted by the faster, more uptempo ones to makes up for this.
- ‘Poetas’ starts with a brooding arrangement for piano and cello, before the guitars come back and lift the track into uptempo jauntiness.
- The colours are bright, the music uptempo and the lyrics consistently engaging here.
- A delightful scene has them alone in the gym, dancing pas a deux to an uptempo rock tune and obviously having the time of their lives.
- But then another of The Strokes' strengths is their ability to fuse desperate lyrics with uptempo music, barely allowing you the time to draw breath, or really contemplate the meaning.
- To praise the uptempo songs and deplore the more balladic numbers would be to fall into the critical trap that admirers of the band have been stuck in for 20 years.
- ‘Green Shirt’ was next, then two other relatively uptempo songs.
- They play four highly charged uptempo numbers before trooping off with furious demands for an encore.
- How satisfying is it to see the Nuggets once again playing the uptempo style they were known for in the '80s?
- An uptempo song was playing, something from the eighties, Valerie thought.
- And just when you're in danger of becoming so relaxed you might drop off altogether the mood just goes uptempo enough to keep your attention.
- Hence, the album is being billed as an uptempo CD which is meant to be played loud, if possible at club-volume, so you can get your feet on the floor and shake your booty.
- Alternating from soft and smooth, lounge-type music to more uptempo and angst filled boppy songs this album is filled with quirky little numbers and surprising twists.
- I think he played a more rockish and uptempo set to fit in better with Los Straitjackets.
- They're very happy with the quality of the songs: ‘They sound even better than the first album, and we've included a couple of uptempo numbers this time,’ says Filan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.