In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tendencia al alza feminine
- In this case, the uptrend is likely nearing its end.
- Despite the political uncertainty created by the dissolution of Parliament and the usual market fluctuations, stock prices have maintained a clear uptrend in 1999.
- An uptrend is observed: the figures for January 2000 are 28.8 per cent and 16.1 per cent, respectively.
- It was high in June, at 9.04 per cent year on year, and on an uptrend.
- Little in the outlook should change those uptrends.
- Consumers are eating outside the home more often, they are eating healthier foods, and per capita incomes are increasing, causing the uptrend in restaurant numbers.
- I'm merely acknowledging the obvious: stocks are in an uptrend.
- It is therefore too early to conclude the present uptrend is sustainable.
- That uptrend is a big plus for the price outlook because fierce global competition will help to limit - although not negate - the rise in pricing power among American companies this year.
- Most experts expected a three to five per cent drop in advertising spend this year - the third in a row - before signs of an uptrend emerge towards the end of next year.
- An uptrend in mortgage interest rates will cause some slowing of the sales pace but we forecast 2006 to be the second highest year on record.
- Leading the uptrend has been the production of high-tech gear.
- It is unlikely that with inflation on an uptrend in the current year, Government would consider any lowering of interest rates.
- One reason why current production has not matched the uptrend in consumer demand is that much of the spending is being satisfied by goods already in inventory.
- Wine consumption is in a sharp uptrend in America.
- The short-term uptrend also remains intact and there's no terribly compelling reason to believe that it has run its course.
- We are clearly on an uptrend and there is no going back.
- Yet despite the uptrend in demand, the economy seems in little danger of overheating.
- Most investors, once invested in an uptrend, will stay there looking for any weakness in the ride up, which is the indicator needed to jump off and take the profit.
- These uptrends and downtrends can persist for a long while.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.