In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Smoking is also associated with cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, cervix, kidney, ureter, and bladder.
- No changes were found in the renal pelvis, ureter, and urinary bladder samples.
- Usually the stones are small enough and pass through the ureter to the bladder and out in one's urine. Stones that are too large to pass can cause kidney failure.
- Your urinary system is composed of your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra.
- Peristaltic activity, influenced by urine volume, propels urine along the ureter into the bladder.
- They occur when the kidneys, ureters, bladder, or urethra become infected.
- The urine is passed to the bladder through ureters from each kidney in peristaltic waves.
- Irritation of the lining of the kidney, the ureter or bladder can lead to the presence of blood in the urine.
- One of the more common congenital abnormalities (meaning abnormalities that exist at birth) is duplication of the ureters, in which a kidney has two ureters coming from it instead of one.
- The kidneys and urinary tract (which includes the ureters, bladder, urethra, and the kidneys) filter and eliminate these waste substances from our blood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.