- Smoking is also associated with cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, cervix, kidney, ureter, and bladder.
- No changes were found in the renal pelvis, ureter, and urinary bladder samples.
- Usually the stones are small enough and pass through the ureter to the bladder and out in one's urine. Stones that are too large to pass can cause kidney failure.
- Your urinary system is composed of your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra.
- Peristaltic activity, influenced by urine volume, propels urine along the ureter into the bladder.
- They occur when the kidneys, ureters, bladder, or urethra become infected.
- The urine is passed to the bladder through ureters from each kidney in peristaltic waves.
- Irritation of the lining of the kidney, the ureter or bladder can lead to the presence of blood in the urine.
- One of the more common congenital abnormalities (meaning abnormalities that exist at birth) is duplication of the ureters, in which a kidney has two ureters coming from it instead of one.
- The kidneys and urinary tract (which includes the ureters, bladder, urethra, and the kidneys) filter and eliminate these waste substances from our blood.