In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A police sergeant has undergone hospital tests after his hand was pricked with a used syringe during a drugs raid.
- These can include digital photographs, their used tickets from bus or train journeys, and cafe bills.
- We feel that we are probably only talking about a small proportion of hypodermic users who do dump their used syringes.
- They put rubber in their ovens to make it burn better, some put used diapers, any old garbage just to get rid of it.
- We really need your help and by sending us your used postage stamps.
- Environmental standards are high on the agenda here, with many canal boats being powered by used cooking oil.
- Partly used Christmas candles and ordinary candles often came to the rescue in parts of the hall.
- A former theatre boss is setting up a factory to turn used cooking oil into eco-friendly fuel for cars.
- Unfortunately it then ignited a bin bag full of used envelopes and rubbish which caused most of the fire damage.
- The Recycool scheme recycles used printer cartridges and mobile phones.
- The study found that internal examinations were being conducted on women with used gloves.
- Limerick County Council has provided the school with a container for used batteries.
2(secondhand)(camera/car/clothing) usado(clothing/camera/car) de segunda mano
- It's the best used book store in the immediate area, and just a few steps outside of Waterloo.
- The used car dealers will now review security but in the meantime they are appealing from more help from authorities.
- It is the largest used bookstore in the world with over three million books.
- They can also launch a search for a specific used car and get notification when one comes into stock.
- In addition to a variety of items for sale, there will be a silent auction, a used book table and a huge bake sale.
- Now it specialises in used cars, although it still sources new models for customers on request.
- Prices are not staggeringly cheap on the used market, but there are still plenty of 480 bargains to be had.
- The law says your used car must be of satisfactory quality, as described and reasonably fit for its purpose.
- What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
- The firm is also reaching out to independent car dealers and sellers of other used merchandise.
- They are also investigating the purchase of a used fire truck for the fledgling department.
- The ruling is expected to boost used car imports to Finland, especially from Germany.
- When selling a used car do you include a full listing of its faults?
- Toys should be new or good-quality used ones and should not be wrapped.
- You can get more recent models for less from many used car dealers in town now.
- Never buy a used car without thoroughly checking it out for underbody damage.
- These are the first of her works not to employ used furniture or found objects.
- He had gotten a part time summer job and took out money from his his bank account to buy a used car.
- All used clothes in good condition are required for families in Gambia, West Africa.
- Looking through the classifieds will reveal that the majority of used cars are three-door examples.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.