In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The study found that internal examinations were being conducted on women with used gloves.
- These can include digital photographs, their used tickets from bus or train journeys, and cafe bills.
- We really need your help and by sending us your used postage stamps.
- We feel that we are probably only talking about a small proportion of hypodermic users who do dump their used syringes.
- They put rubber in their ovens to make it burn better, some put used diapers, any old garbage just to get rid of it.
- Partly used Christmas candles and ordinary candles often came to the rescue in parts of the hall.
- Limerick County Council has provided the school with a container for used batteries.
- Environmental standards are high on the agenda here, with many canal boats being powered by used cooking oil.
- A police sergeant has undergone hospital tests after his hand was pricked with a used syringe during a drugs raid.
- Unfortunately it then ignited a bin bag full of used envelopes and rubbish which caused most of the fire damage.
- A former theatre boss is setting up a factory to turn used cooking oil into eco-friendly fuel for cars.
- The Recycool scheme recycles used printer cartridges and mobile phones.
2(secondhand)(clothing/camera/car) usado(camera/clothing/car) de segunda mano
- The used car dealers will now review security but in the meantime they are appealing from more help from authorities.
- You can get more recent models for less from many used car dealers in town now.
- What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
- All used clothes in good condition are required for families in Gambia, West Africa.
- Now it specialises in used cars, although it still sources new models for customers on request.
- Looking through the classifieds will reveal that the majority of used cars are three-door examples.
- The ruling is expected to boost used car imports to Finland, especially from Germany.
- It's the best used book store in the immediate area, and just a few steps outside of Waterloo.
- It is the largest used bookstore in the world with over three million books.
- In addition to a variety of items for sale, there will be a silent auction, a used book table and a huge bake sale.
- The law says your used car must be of satisfactory quality, as described and reasonably fit for its purpose.
- They are also investigating the purchase of a used fire truck for the fledgling department.
- They can also launch a search for a specific used car and get notification when one comes into stock.
- When selling a used car do you include a full listing of its faults?
- Never buy a used car without thoroughly checking it out for underbody damage.
- Prices are not staggeringly cheap on the used market, but there are still plenty of 480 bargains to be had.
- These are the first of her works not to employ used furniture or found objects.
- He had gotten a part time summer job and took out money from his his bank account to buy a used car.
- Toys should be new or good-quality used ones and should not be wrapped.
- The firm is also reaching out to independent car dealers and sellers of other used merchandise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.