In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Recycool scheme recycles used printer cartridges and mobile phones.
- Partly used Christmas candles and ordinary candles often came to the rescue in parts of the hall.
- We really need your help and by sending us your used postage stamps.
- Unfortunately it then ignited a bin bag full of used envelopes and rubbish which caused most of the fire damage.
- A police sergeant has undergone hospital tests after his hand was pricked with a used syringe during a drugs raid.
- Environmental standards are high on the agenda here, with many canal boats being powered by used cooking oil.
- These can include digital photographs, their used tickets from bus or train journeys, and cafe bills.
- They put rubber in their ovens to make it burn better, some put used diapers, any old garbage just to get rid of it.
- The study found that internal examinations were being conducted on women with used gloves.
- Limerick County Council has provided the school with a container for used batteries.
- A former theatre boss is setting up a factory to turn used cooking oil into eco-friendly fuel for cars.
- We feel that we are probably only talking about a small proportion of hypodermic users who do dump their used syringes.
2(secondhand)(camera/car/clothing) usado(camera/car/clothing) de segunda mano
- They can also launch a search for a specific used car and get notification when one comes into stock.
- Never buy a used car without thoroughly checking it out for underbody damage.
- Looking through the classifieds will reveal that the majority of used cars are three-door examples.
- In addition to a variety of items for sale, there will be a silent auction, a used book table and a huge bake sale.
- The law says your used car must be of satisfactory quality, as described and reasonably fit for its purpose.
- Now it specialises in used cars, although it still sources new models for customers on request.
- These are the first of her works not to employ used furniture or found objects.
- You can get more recent models for less from many used car dealers in town now.
- All used clothes in good condition are required for families in Gambia, West Africa.
- When selling a used car do you include a full listing of its faults?
- Toys should be new or good-quality used ones and should not be wrapped.
- The used car dealers will now review security but in the meantime they are appealing from more help from authorities.
- Prices are not staggeringly cheap on the used market, but there are still plenty of 480 bargains to be had.
- The firm is also reaching out to independent car dealers and sellers of other used merchandise.
- It's the best used book store in the immediate area, and just a few steps outside of Waterloo.
- He had gotten a part time summer job and took out money from his his bank account to buy a used car.
- They are also investigating the purchase of a used fire truck for the fledgling department.
- What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
- It is the largest used bookstore in the world with over three million books.
- The ruling is expected to boost used car imports to Finland, especially from Germany.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.