In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1usuario masculineusuaria femininebefore noun user group — grupo de usuarios masculine
- user identification — nombre de usuario
- A rear end of the lever is externally accessible to allow manipulation by the user.
- That seems to be interesting for some car users but is troublesome for most of us.
- The boxes also makes it harder for people to overlook cash machine users and makes it easier to shield pin numbers.
- The group wants users or potential users of the car park to come forward with more ideas.
- In the late eighties, most personal computer users had a dot matrix impact printer.
- Police today warned cash machine users to be alert after two men were spotted tampering with a dispenser.
- It will sport a trio of TV tuners enabling users to record three programmes simultaneously.
- Residents and users of the day centre in Browns Road have had lessons on their own computers and set up the web pages.
- These functions also operate independently providing the user with complete control.
- Irish computer users have so far escaped the latest virus spreading over the internet.
- Most of all, Templeton said, computer users needed to be aware of the perils.
- Road users and residents say they are fed up with the constant gridlock and traffic mayhem.
- The mobile operators are also treading uncertain ground where business users are concerned.
- And presumably it's only going to have a major effect on long-term users of the drug.
- To operate the card a user would need to press a button on the card's surface and provide a password.
- Residents, park users and schools want that new centre, perhaps even more than Mrs Bain does.
- We have carried out a lot of focus groups with bus users and car users.
- The future of the rural economy and the wishes of the users of the record office have both been ignored.
- The phone user will then press a single button to put them through to an operator who can connect them with the number they want to dial.
- The user dials a telephone number from their mobile, and using caller ID, the system works out who is calling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.