In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her medical history was unremarkable except for the extraction of a polyp from the uterine cervix.
- Advancement of cervical disease can damage the cervix or uterine cavity.
- For example, the placenta may tear free from the uterine wall during the birth process.
- Pain during first stage of labor is attributable to uterine contractions and cervical dilatation.
- Such drugs increase the force and duration of uterine contractions.
- The stalk lengthens as the fetus develops within its amniotic sac, and at the uterine end the blood vessels become part of the developing placenta.
- I found the chapter on glandular lesions of the uterine cervix to be clear and useful.
- Preeclampsia also increases the risk of placental abruption in which the placenta separates from the uterine wall before delivery.
- Low grade changes in the uterine cervix are caused by infection with the human papilloma virus.
- The drug has been shown to cause uterine contractions and expulsion of conception products.
- An MRI can more reliably differentiate uterine from ovarian masses.
- Cancer of the uterus can also be called uterine cancer.
- The placental tissue from the fetus then invades the uterine wall by sending finger-like extensions into it.
- The tumor invaded nearly the full thickness of the cervical wall and extended into the lower uterine segment.
- In first-degree uterine prolapse, the cervix is visible when the perineum is depressed.
- The difficulty of predicting the biological behavior of uterine smooth muscle tumors has been recognized for many years.
- Has the cancer penetrated the uterine muscular wall and if so, how far?
- The team infused IV fluids directly into the uterus to maintain uterine volume and prevent placental separation.
- All patients were continuously monitored for fetal heart rate and uterine contractions.
- Fibroids can grow within the uterine wall, on the outside of the uterus, or inside the cavity of the uterus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.