In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural uteruses, Plural uteri
1útero masculinematriz feminine
- About 70 women with benign fibroids had their uteruses removed without first trying drugs or other treatments that could have been effective.
- High-fat diets may increase your risk of cancer of the prostate, colon, rectum and uterus.
- The baby is pushed out of the uterus, through the cervix, and along the birth canal.
- In pregnancy, an important but temporary organ, the placenta, is formed in the uterus.
- A doctor may suspect fetal growth restriction if the mother's uterus is not growing at a normal rate.
- As well as vulval cancer, she treats cancer of the cervix, uterus, and ovaries.
- This is probably because the mother's uterus is not yet stretched and the baby has little room to move.
- Endometriosis is when the tissue that lines the uterus appears in other parts of the body.
- If the ovaries or uterus are removed, there are likely to be changes in hormones.
- Oxygen was being delivered via the placenta because most of the baby's body was still in the uterus.
- Women who had previously experienced caesarean section had a marginally smaller blood loss and a lower death rate from ruptured uterus.
- This may result in heavy bleeding during birth, perhaps leading to surgical removal of the uterus.
- Next, the doctor will pass a tiny tube called a catheter through an artery to your uterus.
- With their informed consent, their uteruses were carefully examined after operation, and the authors found that a number of them had conceived just before surgery.
- Hepatitis B can be spread to the baby in the uterus or during the birth process.
- Some of the desperate women who opted for backstreet abortions often had to have their uteruses surgically removed because of resulting massive infection.
- When a woman is not pregnant, the body of the uterus is about the size of a fist and its interior walls are collapsed.
- Both of these techniques can be used throughout pregnancy to allow a closer look at the cervix and lower uterus.
- Some of these embryos will be implanted in a woman's uterus, while others are frozen and stored.
- Any bleeding that occurs between periods, very rarely indicates cancer of the cervix or uterus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.