In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1completamentetotalmenteI utterly despise him — siento el más absoluto desprecio por él
- our time has been utterly wasted — hemos perdido miserablemente el tiempo
- It may not be comfortable reading but it is utterly absorbing and wildly funny.
- Her features are utterly flawless and her eyes really are an unbelievable shade of violet.
- Their sporting achievements at the very highest level are being utterly ignored.
- She finally knew what it was like to be totally and utterly in love with one person.
- Despite the fact that no one was watching I have never felt so utterly ridiculous in my whole life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.