In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vacunarto vaccinate sb against sth — vacunar a algn contra algo
- There are few reasons for refraining from vaccinating a child.
- Health workers will try to vaccinate four million children under the age of five between July 29 and August 2.
- After vaccinating the monkeys, researchers examined the number of lesions that formed on the animals' skin and the amount of time in which they healed.
- If you're adopting or purchasing a pet, make sure the breeder, shelter, or store is reputable and vaccinates all of its animals.
- The Department of Health has agreed arrangements for vaccinating people over the age of 65 against influenza next winter.
- Some GPs are also finding it increasingly hard to vaccinate enough children to qualify for the extra payments.
- He said only about one in four NHS trusts had vaccinated their own staff against flu.
- All women of childbearing age should be vaccinated against this infection.
- A few years ago, when the flu vaccine was plentiful, there was a movement to vaccinate everyone early - too early.
- After the children were vaccinated they were treated with snacks and games were played.
- You and your veterinarian should discuss the benefits and risks of vaccinating and not vaccinating your pet.
- What is your view on vaccinating the general public before a smallpox outbreak is detected?
- He added that the city's some 5,500 cats and dogs will be vaccinated against the disease.
- Experts also believe that vaccinating piglets against the disease may be a useful preventive measure.
- By vaccinating them at this age, you can keep them out of the hospital and really reduce some of the complications.
- Is it OK not to vaccinate your child with a particular vaccine if you have safety concerns?
- Your doctor can test you for immunity to this viral disease before pregnancy and vaccinate you against it if you aren't immune.
- Should we be vaccinating our children against the flu?
- The emphasis of a vaccination programme is on vaccinating kids before they are four weeks of age, because young kids are most susceptible to infection.
- Today the Government revealed its plans to vaccinate key workers against smallpox.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.