In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vacuna femininesmallpox vaccine — vacuna contra la viruela
- before noun vaccine damage — encefalitis vaccínica / vacunal
- THE MMR jab is a triple vaccine protecting against measles, mumps and rubella.
- Part of the money will be used to fund vaccines and immunisation, which will save at least 5m lives by 2015.
- In Africa, private philanthropy is buying vaccines for measles and hepatitis.
- Such infants should receive hepatitis B vaccine shortly after birth and complete their immunization according to a particular schedule.
- They have linked the MMR vaccine with autism and the development of inflammatory bowel disease in adult life.
- The goal, however, is to develop an effective malaria vaccine.
- But what would happen if the vaccine only protected a person for 25 years?
- In fact, the aim of the study was to test the toxicity and side effects of the vaccine.
- Immunisation with the influenza vaccine is recommended for asthmatic people.
- The boy survived and Pasteur knew that he had found a vaccine for rabies.
- He had his first seizure within hours of receiving a vaccine for diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough.
- The risk of a vaccine causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small.
- Malaria is still a global problem and there is no vaccine for this condition.
- They have proved that a vaccine which immunises against the disease is more likely to work in humans.
- Developing an effective vaccine against HIV has proven to be a difficult task.
- These children show few adverse reactions to routine vaccinations, including live vaccines.
- Until recently, only inactivated influenza vaccine administered by injection was available for use in the United States.
- The advent of hepatitis A virus vaccines means that protection may be provided by active immunisation.
- Inactivated influenza vaccine contains noninfectious killed viruses and cannot cause influenza.
- Unlike the early influenza vaccines, today's vaccines cause few side effects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.