In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport.
- He has a valid work permit and, he said, should have received his green card months ago.
- The visa is valid until 28 days after the completion of the judicial review proceedings.
- Previously he had been charged with drug possession and driving without a valid licence.
- She had a pre-paid monthly Metro card valid for standard travel.
- No spectator will be allowed into the ground without a valid ticket.
- Any individual or company with a valid prospecting licence can apply for a prospecting permit.
- Although he is an American with a valid passport, he is not allowed entry.
- Did the extras bribe their way in at the gate or did they actually have valid tickets?
- The drivers would also be expected to have a valid driver's licence and a valid public driving permit.
- Currently, foreigners must apply for a work permit that is valid for one year, which may be renewed.
- The actor also had a valid U.S. passport and was allowed to depart the country.
- The card which has a distinctive Euro logo is valid for two years.
- He apparently had 600 hours of flight experience and a valid pilot's license.
- The permit is valid for a period of three years with an extension possibility.
- Without the valid international licence, you must take a multiple choice written test.
- The penalty for driving without carrying a valid licence on your person is €80.
- The visas will be valid for three months, it said.
- To drive your car on the circuit all you have to do is show a valid driving license and you can drive 1 lap behind a safety car.
- He arrived in Australia on a valid visa and then applied for refugee status.
- The market demand is steady and there is no valid reason why prices should drop below the level of last week.
- Now any pupil who is suspected of playing truant will be asked to produce a note showing they have a valid reason for being away from school.
- I honestly cannot see a valid argument against legalising prostitution.
- If we were to give these arguments a cursory assessment we may readily accept the conclusion as valid.
- For once, he was unable to think of a reply, since she actually had a valid point in this argument.
- A woman passenger would not accept this as a valid reason for the delay.
- For the reasons already stated, I cannot accept this argument as valid.
- I have found most performers can't differentiate between valid criticism and insane internet gossip.
- "See, to me that's not a valid criticism, " he argues.
- There can be absolutely no valid reason why my countrymen do not take pride in keeping their country clean.
- The criticism is valid up to a point, but television channels are a bit like human beings: none are wholly good or bad.
- Ignorance of the laws is not accepted as a valid excuse in any country.
- There are plenty of valid criticisms to be made on both sides during this election.
- Careful readers might even notice there were some very valid points in the article.
- That's by far the biggest and strongest and most valid criticism of our system.
- Is love the only valid reason for breaking the law?
- British agriculture has recently been making the valid claim that its products are of the highest quality in the world.
- If you do not vote and do not have a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote, you may be fined.
- Damascus has a valid claim to be the world's oldest inhabited city.
- The only valid reason for legalising it is that the Government could make more money.
- The only pressure, exerted by me, was to present good journalism supported by valid evidence.
2(inference/argument) válido(excuse/criticism) legítimo(criticism/excuse) válidohis remarks are still valid today — sus observaciones siguen siendo válidas
- that's a very valid point — en eso tienes (/ tienen etc. ) razón
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.